The journey is without a doubt an arduous experience, but the views of Sabah’s Crocker Range are just…breathtaking!
Ex-Kota Kinabalu Climbing Mt. Kinabalu is a tough physical challenge, although not a technical climb as such. The average climber will make it to Laban Rata, located at 3,333m in about 4 – 6 hours. The route is 99% uphill, unrelenting with large, seemingly endless rock steps of which you’ll be dreaming for days after. The secret to successfully climb Mt. Kinabalu is to take it slowly, because unless you’re competing in the annual Kinabalu Climbathon, climbing Mt. Kinabalu is not a race!
The journey is without a doubt an arduous experience, but the views of Sabah’s Crocker Range are just…breathtaking!Even more so now that there is a new Ranau Trail !
- Panoramic views of Crocker Range
- Mount Kinabalu Timpohon Trail
- Summit Climb
- World Heritage Site
07:30: Pick-up from hotel & transfer to Kinabalu Park HQ.
09:30: Arrive, register for the mountain climb before transfer to Timpohon Gate ( Starting / ending point).
10:00: Climb begins – Approx. 5-6 hours journey with packed lunch en-route.
16:30: Arrive Laban Rata (3272.7M), Check in to accommodation, free at leisure. Dinner is provided.
02:30: Wake up, enjoy a small supper and begin your ascent of Mt Kinabalu. Aim to be at the summit for sunrise and when read return to Laban Rata for breakfast.
08:00: Breakfast and prepare for you descent.
13:00: Meet and transfer to nearby restaurant for lunch before transfer back to Kota Kinabalu. Times are approximate and will depend on your pace and progress.
- 2 days 1 night, Return transfers KK – Kinabalu National Park along with a guide, Accommodation at the Laban Rata Plateau, Packed lunch, dinner, breakfast, lunch, Climbing Permit, Mountain Guide, Insurance, Certificate
- Meals and Items not stated, Porter Fees – if required, Video or Camera Fees.
- Passport for registration, Suitable walking shoes, warm clothing, wind breaker, long sleeve shirts, change of clothes, drinking water, high energy food (chocolate, nuts, raisins, glucose), Headache tablets, sun block, lip gloss, deep heat lotion, plasters, insect repellent, mosquito oil, binoculars, camera, water proof bag for camera, torchlight, extra socks, towel, gloves, hat mask, tissue paper, toilet roll. Sleeping bags can be rented at Laban Rata.
To answer the many questions you might have about climbing Mt Kinabalu, please refer to our links below.
About Mt Kinabalu Climb: http://www.mountkinabaluborneo.com/information_summit-climb-mount-kinabalu/
Mt Kinabalu Accommodations: http://www.mountkinabaluborneo.com/laban-rata-accommodation/
Climbing Preparation, Packing List & FAQ: http://www.mountkinabaluborneo.com/mount-kinabalu-climb-preparation-faq/
Important Information for Climbers: http://www.mountkinabaluborneo.com/important-information-for-climbers/