A visit to the Mari Mari Cultural Village will be a cultural excursion of a lifetime! See, taste and feel the essence of Sabah presented to you as it was and as it is.
Kota Kinabalu Located in the countryside about 25 minutes drive from Kota Kinabalu city centre, the village aims to share the knowledge, history, culture and tradition of 5 different main ethnic tribes in one village namely the Kadazan-Dusun, Rungus, Lundayeh, Bajau and Murut. Visitors are acquainted with each village tribe with opportunities to immerse one’s self in their rich culture and daily life through various perspectives.
Highlights include a chance to see blowpipe-making, tattoo-making, fire-starting, ricewine-making demonstrations, bamboo cooking and sample Sabahan traditional delicacies from each ethnic group.
- A very Sabahan Cultural Experience
- Cultural Show
- House visits plus demonstration
- Lunch at Cultural Village
0915 – 0925hrs : Meet at hotel lobby for your transfer to Mari-Mari Cultural Village.
0945hrs : Arrive Village (toilet break or waiting time is expected before entering the village)
1000hrs : Explore five different ethnic homes of Sabah – Sample rice wine and traditional Sabahan delicacies.
1200hrs : Traditional local cooked Lunch with cultural show.
1300hrs : Depart village and transfer back to your hotel in Kota Kinabalu.
- Return Land Transfers based on shared basis via Downbelow Mini-Van as described in itinerary, English Speaking Guide at Village, House visits plus demonstrations, Activities at Village, Local Lunch at Cultural Village, Cultural Performance.
- Alcohol and Carbonated Drinks, Meals and Items not stated.
- Comfortable walking shoes and clothes, Hat or Cap, Sun block lotion, Drinking Water, Camera or Video Camera, Raincoat, Own expenses for items purchased during visits