Our mid range Kinabatangan lodge option offers expedition style comfort with air-conditioned rooms, hot showers and buffet meals an affordable price tag. This tour includes a visit to Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre & Gomantong Caves and can be personalised in either a 2D1N or 3D2N itinerary!
||Malaysian Airlines MH2042
||Air Asia AK6492
||Malaysian Airlines MH2047
||Air Asia AK6495
||Malaysian Airlines MH3094
||Malaysian Airlines MH3095
||Malaysian Airlines MH2711
||Air Asia AK5195
The Kinabatangan River is Sabah’s longest river, rising from the eastern Witta Range, it spans 350 miles to meet the Sulu Sea. The rainforest area that surrounds is home to some of the most varied wildlife in all of South East Asia; and according to world-famous conservation organisation WWF, is one of only two natural places on earth where 10 species of primates can be identified! Orang Utan, proboscis monkeys, macaques, gibbons are just several of the rare and endemic species that can be spotted. Ornithologists will revel in the astounding 200 bird species that can be found in the area too – from the exotic kingfishers to the majestic birds of prey and elegant hornbills. To see the endemic Bornean pygmy elephant, is a wonderful experience and although not guaranteed there is a chance because herds of these majestic animals visit the Lower Kinabatangan to drink & frolic in the river!
- River Cruise the Kinabatangan River and Oxbow Lakes.
- Jungle Walk to Oxbow Lake.
- Visit Gomantong Caves.
- Visit Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre.
Transferring by land, from either Sandakan airport or hotel, you will visit the Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre. Afterwards, you are served a buffet-style lunch of local cuisine at nearby Sepilok Jungle Resort, before transferring to your lodge along the Kinabatangan River. Tea and refreshments are provided upon arrival and check-in. At 4pm, you will join a river cruise in search of wildlife. Returning to the lodge, a buffet-style, local cuisine dinner is served; and (weather permitting) you may join the 1-hour night walk to find nocturnal wildlife in the Bilit Forest.
(Excluded from 2D1N program)
First river cruise is at 6AM, to search for wildlife typical during the very early hours of the morning. Breakfast is served when returning to the lodge, where you may wish to eat heartily, because in the late morning a guided walk from the lodge through the forest to the Oxbow Lakes is scheduled to spot more wildlife. After returning to the lodge, lunch is ready, and guests are free at leisure until the next scheduled river cruise at 4pm. Another night walk (weather permitting) can be arranged before dinner at the lodge.
Early morning river cruise at 6AM to search for wildlife along Kinabatangan River (not included in 3D2N program). Breakfast is served at the lodge, before departing at 8am to transfer to the Gomantong Caves. Return to Sandakan, after exploring the cave system; and en-route, to either the airport or your hotel in Sandakan, enjoy lunch at a local restaurant.
- 2D1N or 3D2N full board meals, Visits to Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre and Gomantong Caves, Entrance fees, Air-conditioned lodge accommodation (king/twin room), Return road/boat transfers, English-speaking guide, River cruises 1 morning, 2 late afternoon (3D/2N), 1 morning, 1 late afternoon (2D/1N), 1 x Night Jungle Walk, Unlimited Coffee and Tea.
- Airfares, Video/Camera entrance fees at Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre, Alcohol and carbonated drinks, Drinking Water, Night Jungle Walks (payable at the resort MYR 20.00 per walk), Other items not explicitly stated.
- Lightweight clothing long sleeves & long pants/trousers, Binoculars, Leech Socks, Insect repellent, Raincoat or poncho, Good walking shoes, Hat.
Due to weather conditions, activities may be subject to re-scheduling to best meet operations, as well as clients health and safety. Wildlife cannot be predicated nor guaranteed because it is a spontaneous chance to spot any in their natural rainforest habitat.