Lankayan Island Resort, Sepilok Nature Resort, Sepilok & Sun Bear Rehabilitation Centre !This package is suited to the avid scuba diver and non scuba diver or beach lover and provides an all-in-one tailor-made program to experience the best of the region in a relaxed six day itinerary.
||Malaysian Airlines MH2042
||Air Asia AK6492
||Malaysian Airlines MH2047
||Air Asia AK6495
||Malaysian Airlines MH3094
||Malaysian Airlines MH3095
||Malaysian Airlines MH2711
||Air Asia AK5195
Ex Sandakan Lankayan Island is the first destination within this package. Located within the Sulu Sea, 80km off the northeast coast of Sabah, Borneo the island takes Eco Tourism to another level. Comprising 20 luxury-detached chalets, each on the beach with balconies over looking the ocean, open air buffet style restaurant, dive station, turtle hatchery and conservation centre, the resort oozes peace and tranquillity.
Snorkel and scuba dive with turtles, with the possibility of seeing turtles laying eggs and clutches of eggs hatching. Unlike neighbouring Turtle Island, Lankayan Island is small and only accommodates small numbers of people.
Visit our dedicated Lankayan Island page for more information and Lankayan Images page for some tropical island eye candy!
Before returning to Kota Kinabalu you will stay at Sepilok Nature Resort, located a short walk (5 mins) from Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Sanctuary where you have the freedom to explore independently or with a guide. You can also visit other local attractions for example the Sun Bear Rehabilitation Centre & The Rainforest Discovery Centre.
This program can be extended and there is choice of accommodation within Kota Kinabalu to suit all budgets. Please contact us to discuss this tailored trip in more detail..
- Lankayan Island One Island One Resort.
- Sepilok Nature Resort.
- Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre.
- Sun Bear Rehabilitation Centre
- Rainforest Discovery Centre.
Arriving in Kota Kinabalu, you will spend 1 night in your choice of accommodation.
Take an early morning flight from Kota Kinabalu to Sandakan, and upon arrival you will be transferred to the Sandakan Yacht Club jetty for the 10am boat ride to Lankayan Island (approximately 1.5 hour). On arrival, proceed to check-in at Lankayan Island Resort.
Day 3 and 4
For days 3 & 4, you will spend your time enjoying the facilities of Lankayan Island Resort and experience either a non-diver or diver program.
Departing Lankayan Island will be at 7AM to journey back to Sandakan Yacht Club jetty. You will be transferred to the Sepilok Nature Resort to check-in before visiting the Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre to see the orang utan from the viewing platform at either the 10AM or 2PM feeding times. Afterwards, you will visit the Rainforest Discovery Centre. Dinner will be at leisure at the Sepilok Nature Resort; and after, a guided night walk through the forest can be arranged.
After a leisurely breakfast, you may walk the trails around the Sepilok Nature Resort in search of wildlife. Transfer from the resort to Sandakan Airport after lunch for your flight back to Kota Kinabalu or continue your wildlife adventures with a trip to the Kinabatanagan River or Danum Valley.
- 6D5N full board, Land/Sea Transfers, Accommodation based on 2 persons sharing, 3 boat dives daily on Lankayan Island diver package, Unlimited scuba diving (with buddy) from Lankayan Island jetty, Free night diving (with own buddy) in front of dive centre for Advanced divers or diver with night diving experience, Dive tank, weight and belt (other dive and snorkel equipment is available for rental from Lankayan Island Dive Resort), Conservation and diving fees at Lankayan, English-speaking guide, Free flow tea/coffee, water, refreshments.
- Airfares, Entrance Fees at Sepilok & Sun Bear Rehabilitation Centre, Entrance Fees at Rainforest Discovery Centre, Video/Camera entrance fees, Alcohol and carbonated drinks, Other items not explicitly stated.
- Lightweight clothing long sleeves & long pants/trousers, Beach wear, Tropical Island Clothing (smart / casual), Binoculars, Leech Socks, Insect repellent, Raincoat or poncho, Good walking shoes, Hat.
Due to weather conditions, activities may be subject to re-scheduling to best meet operations, as well as clients health and safety. Wildlife cannot be predicated nor guaranteed because it is a spontaneous chance to spot any in their natural rainforest habitat.